Energy Clever believe all homeowners in the UK can benefit from a Solar PV installation. Solar PV technology is growing rapidly and Energy Clever are constanstly keeping up with the latest Solar technology invovations so this enables us to have a bespoke solution for any Solar PV project. The vast majority of our work is with self builders and building developers up and down the UK designing bespoke system to fit your very own Grand Design home.
How do Solar Panels Work?
Solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems capture the sun’s energy using silicon cells. The cells convert the sunlight into electricity, which can be used to run electrical appliances, heating & lighting both domestically & commercially.
Although sunshine is not necessary for PV panels to work, the greater the light intensity, the greater the production of electricity. All that is required is a roof or wall facing within 90 degrees of “due South” with no (or very little) shading from trees or buildings, etc.
Where can you mount solar panels?
Energy Clever has spent alot of time researching a varity of different mounting systems on the market which enables us to mount them in seamlesesly in a varity of situations:
- On roof solar panel mounting (most common)
- In roof solar panel mounting
- Solar Slates and Tiles (ideal to hide the fact the building has solar pv fitted) ideal if you are wanting the sleek look and accepted in most conservation and listed building situations
- Flat roof mounting system
- Ground mounting (ideal if roof space is limited)
- Carport solar panel mounting
- Canopy solar panel mounting
please see Sunfixings Mounting Brochure for all the information on the variety of mounting systems avaialble.